Friday 6 October 2017

Food Review: Gluten Free Gaucho Electro Brunch

Ever since brunch became "a thing", I've always thought it to be one of the most decidedly decadent activities any self respecting blogger could partake in.

There's something about the idea of a long lie in, following by a breakfast that slips into a lunch that spills over into either a trip to the shops or a few more drinks that screams "me time".

Needless to say, this doesn't happen very often; but when it does, my is it delicious.

Aperol Spritz, Bloody Mary, Domaine Chandon

Electro Brunch at Gaucho is described as "the ultimate bottomless brunch". Served between 11am and 4pm, Electro Brunch is a chance to sit and enjoy two hours worth of wining and dining, all to the soundtrack of cool melodic beats provided by the in house DJ.

The menu includes not just Gaucho's famous Argentine steak, but everything from Eggs Florentine to Banana Pancakes. Stepping it up from the usual Avocado Toast, Eggs Florentino and Eggs Benedict, there's also some Argentine twists such as Gaucho Benedict and Medialuna or peanut butter dulce de leche. There's also the Choripan Sandwich, chorizo sausage and chimichurri, and Beans on Toast with Spanish Chorizo.


The team were very helpful when it came to Gluten-Free offerings, and I was given a run through of what I could and could not eat.

I started with the Gaucho Benedict made gluten free. Served with Egg, Hollandaise Sauce and the addition of Salt Beef made this an unusual but delicious dish. The Salt Beef adds not just a different flavour, with the salt working well with the creamy sauce and smooth yolk, but another texture too. It's worth noting that the Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine and Eggs Royale can all be served on gluten free toast.


Next up, I had to try the steak and eggs. I asked for mine to be served medium, and it came cooked just right and topped with a fried egg. At 100g it is a manageable size for brunch too.


Finally, I tried the Beans on Toast, topped with mini hunks of cheese to add some flavour and salty seasoning.



There is another gluten-free option which is the Choripan Sandwich, which I did not try but I did manage to photograph. As you can see, this is a protein based breakfast of fried egg, sausage, mushrooms and tomato served in the pan.


Onto the non gluten-free options. My dear friends were lucky enough to have these delicious banana pancakes, a great sweet option. This can be served with either Nutella or maple syrup as it has been here.


Then there was the French Toast served with peanut butter dulce de leche and topped with strawberries and flaked almonds. I wish I could have tried this dish because it looks devine!


There is also a cheese dish on the menu, the fried provoleta served with caramelised onion chutney that was very well received.


As for the drinks; what brunch would be complete without a Bloody Mary? Sadly I'm not one for such a fortified drink, but I did get to try the Orange Zinger from the Juice Bar, which made me feel positively virtuous, and the obligatory fizz, the Domaine Chandon. My favourite naughty drink of the day was the classic Aperol Spritz.


The atmosphere was indeed, electric, when I visited a few Saturday's ago, and the interior lends itself to ear whispering and intimate conversation. That being said, I did dine as part of a very lovely group of bloggers, so fear not if you're visiting with friends and family.

Bottomless drinks, unlimited small plates and a spot in one of the city's sexiest spots, make Gaucho's Electro Brunch a top tip from me.

*I dined complimentary, with thanks to Gaucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment