Wednesday 6 August 2014

Collection Deluxe Lipstick Review - 01 Prohibition, 02 Tallulah, 05 Silent Movie Review and Mardi Grass Lip Balm in Green Apple

Superdrug is a dangerous place to shop. If you're anything like me, time can stand still and I can get lost in swatching lipsticks in particular.



On the way to a meeting, I dropped into Superdrug recently and these Collection Deluxe Lipsticks caught my eye. For such a budget brand, I wasn't expecting much...until I tried them on.

At £2.99, you wouldn't think that a lipstick could have such great formulation, but these glide on to provide long lasting rich colour.



I picked up three shades, 01 Prohibition, 02 Tallulah and 05 Silent Movie and I think they were on offer so I got the Mardi Gras Lip Balm in 01 Green Apple worth £1.99 for free!

Collecion Mardi Gras Lip Balm available here 



Here are the swatches.



Packaging

I love the fact that you can see a true to life colour sample at the end end of the tube thanks to the see through end. The chrome/mirrored effect packaging is a little too easy to get chipped and dirty, but I don't mind this at all. The bullet twists up easily and the shallow slant makes it easy to apply without needing a brush

Formula

What surprised me most about these lipsticks is the creamy formula. According to the website they are a "70% blend of lip conditioners, antioxidants and hydrating ingredients including Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Vitamin E" which is pretty impressive.

In particular, Tallulah deserves a special mention for being the creamiest, non drying of the lot. I actually think the colour is similar to Bobbi Browns Bikini Pink too.

Prohibition however has a more drying formula and doesn't apply as evenly as Tallulah which is a little bit of a let down when Tallulah is so impressive! I'd wear it with a lipliner for better staying power.

They do need to be reapplied but they dry out evenly which makes this easier.

Colours

Prohibition is a dark, purple toned red with a real retro, vampy 1940's feel, whilst Silent Movie is more of a classic 1950's pillarbox red. Tallulah is a creamy nude pastel pink which is so wearable on my medium skintone. The colours are meant to be 'retro inspired' and you can see this in the red shades especially.

Mardi Gras Lipbalm

Similar to Maybelline Baby Lips, these lip balms are flavoured and scented, and available in Green Apple, Strawberry and Orange. To be honest, I wouldn't have purchased this on it's own as I prefer to go for a more nourishing lipbalm, but this is fine for younger skins.

These really prove that whether a lipstick costs £3 or £30, there's something out there for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment