Sunday 22 June 2014

Penny Blacks relaunch at The Mailbox Birmingham

Just before I headed off on my summer holidays, I dropped into the launch of the newly refurbished Penny Blacks in The Mailbox.

Baileys cocktails in mini milk bottles

In homage to The Mailbox's history as a Royal Mail sorting office, the interior of Penny Blacks features quirky slogans and images that touch on the history of the building. Coupled with retro cool neon signs, comfortable booths and rustic wooden details, the revamp has definitely given the bar and restaurant a new edge.

Sliders for days...

As well as the interior, we were lucky enough to be able to sample the fabulous food and drink on offer too. Every new dish that came out was met with gasps and awe; little did we know that the new food and cocktail menu was so retro and fun!

Bubblegum cocktails with popping candy

Here's a few quick snaps from my phone; I can never remember to take my camera out with me!

Picnic jug cocktails

We were lucky enough to enjoy treats such as loaded potato skins, 3 foot long stone baked pizzas, an assortment of sliders such as Chipotle Pulled Pork and Goats Cheese and Red Onion as well as cocktails such as Bubblegum cocktails and a picnic jug!

Loaded potato skins

Perfect Friday night food right? I'll see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment