Friday 14 March 2014

MUA Make Up Academy Haul - Blusher Bronzer and Pressed Powder

As you'll have guessed by now, I love to try out affordable make up products from lines such as ELF and MUA. The MUA range just keeps getting bigger and with prices starting at £1, it would be rude not to try out more.



I picked up a relatively small haul the other week from Superdrug of 2 blushers, 1 bronzer and 1 pressed powder, all of which cost just £1! I've heard a lot of recommendations on these products and wanted to give them a shot. Here's my verdict...

Make Up Academy Bronzer Shade 3



I was really impressed with this product and it's my favourite from the haul. A matte shade with great pigmentation, this gave an easy to use and even application that worked really well on my light olive skin. For anyone who prefers to stick to a bronzer that's closer to their natural shade, I'd recommend a shade lighter for and other light olive skins out there. However, I really liked this shade and think it'll look even better once I've caught a little bit of sun as Spring arrives.

Make Up Academy Pressed Powder Shade 4 



This is a great product! The perfect shade for my skintone, it's easy to apply with no fallout and gives an even application. Result!

Make Up Academy Blush in Shade 4



In the package, this looks like a brown-red shade, but upon application it comes out much more red toned than I had imagined. More like a dark red terracotta, the product has great pigmentation and is a little uneven in application (although I'd suggest trying this out with a primer). For my skin this was much too dark but this would be great on darker skins.

Make Up Academy Blush in Shade 3



This looks so similar to Shade 4 in the packet that I had to buy both! Although it looks a little peachier in the package and in the second picture, this is actually more of a brownish red colour. Not as dark as Shade 4, it is slightly earthier and I did feel a little patchy. Although this was better on my skin tone that Shade 4, it was still a touch ark for my skin.

Overall

As you can imagine with budget brands, it really is a case of trial and error to find the producys that suit you best. However, at these prices you could buy the entire blush collection for less than the price of a drugstore lipstick and really experiment.

I really like the packaging and on the slightly more expensive products it is even better and it doesn't feel any cheaper to other drugstore brands to me.

I would however like to see them name the products as the numbers are not very memorable!

Best for: Anyone looking to experiment with their colours


No comments:

Post a Comment