Monday 30 September 2013

London Fashion Week and New Look Q&A - SS14*

Since London Fashion Week is finished and all eyes are on Paris, now is a great time to reflect on what we saw in London before it hits the highstreet next season.



New Look wanted to hear my thoughts on the shows, designers and emerging trends for SS14 and I'd love to share them with you too.



1. Do you have a favourite designer?
How could I choose just one? I love Elie Saab for glamorous eveningwear, Philip Armstrong for playful dresses, Burberry Prorsum for classic looks and Erdem just for being Erdem.

2. What was your favourite collection?
One that I felt resonated with my personal style was Osman Yousefzada. Clean lines, crisp silhouettes and classic colours are all things that I look for in my trans-seasonal wardrobe. Influenced by India and the East, he avoided the obvious and instead picked out elements such as embroidery, lace and repetitive pattern to subtly reference the look.

J.JS Lee

3. Do you think the event is important in promoting the fashion industry?
London Fashion Week is a hotbed for fresh young talent. I think London has a reputation as the maverick of fashion. It's a great mix of newer designers such as House of Holland and Giles Deacon  and more established houses such as Burberry and Mulberry which is what keeps it interesting.

Ryan Lo

4. Describe London Fashion Week in 3 words
Fun. Fearless. Exciting.

5. Is there any particular celebrity you base your fashion on or would you call your style individual?
Although I don't go out to follow any one celebrity, I adore the way that Alexa Chung keeps is classy and casual, Scarlett Johansson's flirty and sexy eveningwear and Monica Belluci for just oozing Italian glamour. 
Simone Rocha

6. What are the 5 most inspiring blogs you follow?
I follow so many!! Some of my bookmarks are Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Caroline Hirons, VIPXO and Fashion Train.

What did you guys think of LFW? Looking forward to next season?

No comments:

Post a Comment