Thursday 28 February 2013

Birmingham International Fashion Week Official Press Launch


Me and Rach from Pretty Petticoats





March at Millennium Point, the event is the first annual fashion show to take place in Birmingham. It’s definitely been a talking point around Birmingham and the age old argument of “why doesn’t Birmingham have a fashion scene” has been rearing it’s ugly head.

Personally, I do think it’s a shame that there’s not more support for young artists and designers. We’re missing out on a whole industry and although there are a few opportunities for talented artistic individuals, the city is losing too many bright young things to the big smoke.

But I digress. I can’t wait for the show, fingers crossed I’ll be going! Everyone’s really excited and I’m so pleased that the guys at BIFW are putting Birmingham on the fashion map.

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Official Press Launch at Mechu and had a great time. I didn’t take any pictures but here are some courtesy of Photo Matte, the official photographer on the night (he’s a doll, go say hi over at his website).

In addition to the yummy popcorn, cupcakes and champagne, I finally got to meet Rach from Pretty Petticoats who won my giveaway last year. Rach has been commenting (I love reading comments!!) and I found out that she was coming to Brum to study and have been hoping to meet her ever since. Well I finally got my wish and got to meet Becca from Fashion Train too into the bargain! I had a great time and loved meeting the girls so I really hope we get to meet up again soon.

For more information on Birmingham International Fashion week and to buy tickets click here

To see all the pictures on Facebook click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment