Sunday 1 July 2012

June empties – EverPure, ghd thermal protect and the basics






I’ll subtitle this post, June Empties; An Improvement, since last month I did my first empties post with just two pitiful products. This month it’s the usual suspects (I need to get stuck into using my beauty products!) but here goes.

Superdrug Lemon & Tea Tree Shower Gel

I bought this with another scented shower gel on offer in Superdrug, I think it was £1.50 for both. I adore zesty lemon scented shower gels, especially for morning showers as they really wake me up! Besides the scent though, this gel comes out the tube really thickly which means you end up using far too much product. Because of the consistency, it also has a habit of slipping off and ending up on the floor!

Repurchase? No

Palmolive Naturals Delicate Care Shower Milk

I am by no means loyal to any shower gel; I pretty much just grab whatever’s nearest in Poundland! With almond and moisturising milk, this is a great shower staple. Creamy and with a delicate scent, I’d definitely say that Palmolive is one of the better budget brands.

Repurchase? Yes

L’Oreal EverPure Colour Care and Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner 10ml each

I couldn’t wait to try these out having requested a sample on Facebook. I’m really keen to go SLS free and was having trouble finding anything, until now. I was definitely more impressed with the conditioner than the shampoo, mainly because of the salon scent. Neither of them lather much, which is what I was expecting and not off putting at all., and the sachet lasted one wash. My hair dried really quickly and felt a lot lighter and less weighed down than usual. My friends commented that my hair looked cleaner and as an added bonus, it stayed clean for longer!

Repurchase? I already have!

Charles Worthington Frizz Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner

These takeaways are a great size at 75ml each, making them easy to pick up and try out. I was really impressed with these and would repurchase. On a side note, the conditioner isn’t technically finished. I always use less shampoo than conditioner as too much of the latter leaves my hair greasy and heavy.

Wilko Nail Polish Remover

Another one of those products which I’m not loyal to, I just try to find one without a lip on the top.
Ghd Thermal Protector for dry, coarse hair

If I ever get around to doing a favourites post, this is the first thing I’ll put in it. I’ve been buying this for years and absolutely love it. It also has a nice scent, bonus.

Marks and Spencer Per Una Eau De Toilette

I love this perfume and have literally just bought four purse sized bottles. They’re the perfect size for leaving in your handbag or car.

Sensodyne Gentle Whitening Toothpaste

Boring but necessary! I really want to get my teeth whitened but I’m so confused about all the different methods! Do any of you lovely readers have any recommendations? 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the everpure sachets. You should look at Love Lula, Amarya and Naturisimo online for more natural products x

    ReplyDelete