Sunday 15 July 2012

Birthday Mac Makeover – Kim Kardashian Make Up Tutorial



So, this time last week I was still wearing my full face of armour from Mac make up. I had a great make up lesson at the Mac store Birmingham where I was shown how to get a Kim Kardashian inspired make up look.

The Mac make up lesson costs £50 and is redeemable against purchases made afterwards, but believe me it’s easy to spend that and more! The make up artist showed me how to do my make up by doing one eye/cheek and letting me do the other side. The smoky eye in particular was a lot more difficult that I’d imagined and involves around 7 products! However, I think I learnt a lot about highlighting and contouring which is what I was most interested in.

If you’d like a summary of how I got this look here goes!

Preparation
Cleanse face using make up wipes. Apply gel based moisturiser (Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel £26) to dry quickly. Next, use a primer all over face (Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF50 £22.50) and the Fortified Skin Enhancer SPF35 £22 in Neutralize to counteract redness in nose and cheek area. With both, don’t rub in, simply smooth over skin to create a flawless base. Use a concealer such as Studio Finish Concealer in NW25 £14.50 and a 224 concealer brush to cover over any blemishes.


Highlighting and contouring
Use a concealer such as Select Cover Up in NW20 £14.50 under the eyes.

Apply Prep +Prime Highlighter £17.50 in Radiant Rose in a triangle shape below eyes, drawing a line beneath the eyes from just past the corner out towards the edge of your face, down to the end of your nose. Join up the two lines and fill in the gaps lightly. Smooth this out to create your highlighted area.

Next the cheeks. Draw a line from the hairline to halfway past your cheek using a Bronzing Powder £19 in Matte Bronze. Apply using a 239 brush to get a thin line. Above this, use a pinky blusher such as Powder Blush in Fleur Power £17.50 from the apples of the cheek above the line, moving out towards the edge of your face. I think we used a 150 large powder brush.

We blended the colours together to erase any lines, although keeping the bottom contour and finished off with something that looked like the Mineralize Eye Shadow in Aurora £16.50 at the very top of the cheekbone to highlight.

Eyes

This is where it gets a bit fuzzy! I know that we used the Paint Pot £14.50 in I think Constructivist over the eyelid. Then, we used the following eyeshadow colours £12: Brule, All that Glitters, Handwritten, Twinks and Carbon. I’ve written them down from lightest to darkest but I can’t describe exactly how we got the look! I do know that it involved using a dark shade such as Twinks to extend and create the catseye, with a black eyeliner extended past the lash line into the flick in a squiggly line! We used the Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline £14.  There was also some serious blending going on! We cleaned up the eye area using a cotton bud to create a line from the outside edge of my eye up to the end of my eyebrow to give a really slick catseye look. We also extended my eyebrow using a 208 Angled Brow Brush £16 and a dark brown colour such as Twinks. To finish off, we used Opulash Optimum Black Mascara £14.

Finally, everything was set using Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder £20 in Medium and the lips were glossed up using a brown colour, which I think was Tinted Lipgloss £13.50 in Oh Baby.

Here is a picture of the finished product (excuse my terrible hair!)





I decided to purchase mainly products from the Prep and Prime range to help me get a great base first, and I can use my own products for now before investing in the Mac. The products I bought were:

Mac Prep and Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer SPF 35 30ml in Neutralize (£22)

Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter 3.6ml in Radiant Rose (£17.50)

Mac Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 7g NW25 (£14.50)



What do you think? I don’t think I’ll be able to recreate this look as well as the MUA but I’m going to try and practise at least! 

No comments:

Post a Comment