Thursday 10 May 2012

April empties – Soap & Glory, Elemis, Batiste


This is the first time I’ve done an empties post, as I’ve seen so many bloggers doing these and I love having a peek at what you guys really use! So here goes, it’s not massive as I can never seem to actually finish my products, and those that I do are of the usual shampoo/conditioner/shower gel variety.



Soap & Glory Clean On Me
I adore this shower gel, not least for the gorgeous scent (I think this one is scented with the infamous Original Pink?). This 500ml bottle is amazing value for money at £5.50 and it’s lasted me 3 or 4 months which is amazing considering my £1 bottles last less than 4 weeks, and a little does go a long way with this.

Repurchase? Definitely, once I’ve got through my hoard of shower gels.

Batiste Coloured Dry Shampoo
I don’t even need to say anything about this, other than it’s great. Repurchased in a larger size before this one was even finished!

Elemis
The reason I have so many Elemis travel size products here is because I was gifted a BA in flight toiletries bag which contained all these goodies. They are small though so I couldn’t try them out for very long before they finished! I’ve never used this brand before but have heard great things about it so I’m looking forward to purchasing some full sized products in the future.



Elemis Balancing Lavender Facial Wipe
Just the one wipe, but this was a decent size and has a gorgeous relaxing lavender scent. As for effectiveness, it did remove my make up and left my skin feeling comfortable, but with a slight sticky residue.

Elemis Pro Collagen Eye Renewal
A tiny sachet containing 0.5ml of a semi opaque gel. This was quite good, but no match for my favourite eye cream, Origins GinZing.

Elemis Skin Nourishing Hand and Body Lotion
A decent quality cream that is more effective used on the body as it’s not quite rich enough for hands. Pretty good as a body moisturiser, a pleasant scent which is a bit old fashioned though (reminds me of something my aunt used to wear). Not up to my usual hand cream, Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment Cream as I love an intensive product for hands. Also prefer any of my usual body creams/butters.

Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream
This smells nice, moisturises well but I woke up with a very shiny face!

Elemis Lip Revive
Quite a sticky formulation, but it is very moisturising. Oddly, it does have a grainy texture, which I’d imagine is down to exfoliation purposes.

Sensodyne Total Care
This probably shouldn’t have been included in this post, but my empties were looking a bit thin on the ground and since we’re in a sharing mood… But yes, this is my favourite toothpaste and I will definitely be repurchasing it!

1 comment:

  1. i used to be obsessed with the soap and glory anti-cellulite cream, which, alas, had little to no efficacy. running and spinach and thinness and good genes, what i need for that! i should give the shower gel a whirl.....

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete